Understanding Development Operations (DevOps)
The world is becoming smaller with ever-increasing digital reach. Today, businesses heavily depend on cloud-based platforms and an efficient software could increase the business’ outreach manifolds. And, choosing the right DevOps tools can help you make the most of your business.
What is DevOps?
DevOps leverages collaboration, monitoring, tool-chain pipelines, automation and Cloud adoption. With our DevOps as a service offering, we ensure rapid on-boarding of applications by automating end-to-end delivery pipeline and facilitate continuous integration and development across leading cloud platforms. We automate end-to-end delivery pipeline across cloud platforms for faster time to market, increased efficiency and reduced cost. Our DevOps solutions help organizations to align with the goals, rapidly and reliably, producing high-quality software-based products and services. Attain your business goals by developing applications at the pace of business with Kilowott’s comprehensive DevOps services.
Why consider DevOps?
Generally, it would take a long time when a system is being developed and operated by different teams. DevOps brings the teams together, so that the output can be achieved faster, allowing a business time to brainstorm, innovate and develop new ideas. It also becomes easier to detect defects, reduce their frequency and offer better solutions with DevOps. Reduced number of people required in DevOps results in increased efficiency too.
When compared to traditional approach, the market launch of an application made with DevOps, and the shorter development cycle involved, is 60 times faster.
28% of those searches for something nearby result in a purchase.
Get Closer To DevOps
Reduces cost of development
Since DevOps requires fewer members and delivers innovations faster, the cost of development can be reduced significantly, resulting in better profits for a company.
Based on collaboration
The basis of DevOps lies in pooling resources from different processes to collaborate on one project or product.
With the right mix of DevOps software, one can achieve an end result that is perfectly reliable and efficient without compromising on security.
In a constantly evolving market, it is important for businesses to keep up with the changes and update their software accordingly. The DevOps team focuses on staying ahead of this race, which result in an improved productivity.
The principal aim of DevOps is automation. It starts at code generation and moves on to integration, testing, and deployment of an application, whilst monitoring its performance. It connects the entire process, from infrastructure to application, and focuses on quality improvement.
Increased return on investment
Here’s How DevOps Works For You!
Faster release time
In an attempt to make the software development process quicker, DevOps steps in and automates the process whilst aiming at continuous feedback and delivery. The automation of process allows for a smoother flow and provides room for releasing it into the market faster than traditional approaches.
Better customer satisfaction
With a well-equipped DevOps, business can enjoy an increased rate of deployment, recovery time, and a decreased failure rate. Every new release establishes a stabler and more reliable platform which performs seamlessly, resulting in greater customer satisfaction.
Improved defects detection
DevOps run mainly on collaboration and harbours room for a team with different processes. It constantly monitors and tests the code in order to detect any defects in real time. This helps in an improved and early detection of possible defects, which are then, quickly resolved by the team.
Stable environment of operations
When making use of DevOps, it is inevitable to test for quality assurance over and over again. This practise ensures that code runs smoothly to deliver seamless output and also results in an increased productivity of the teams involved.
Instead of going over the same code and problem continuously, DevOps makes room for development. It streamlines the process with efficacy and delivers efficient results, maintaining a steep curve of improvement and scope to work on newer innovations.
Faster Time to Market
Make software deployment up to 10 times faster by incorporating DevOps best practices. Release bug-free software in a shorter timeframe. Gather real-time feedback to optimize processes and improve output with sophisticated monitoring tools and processes.
Achieve faster turnarounds and improved productivity by applying the principles of lean and agile software development practices
Better Stakeholder Visibility
Take away the hassle of maintaining an in-house storage infrastructure with cloud servers that automatically provision and configure build servers, testing, staging, and production environments
Higher Data ROI
Employ an automated and agile approach for putting your data to maximum use and realize a higher ROI by quickly monetizing the data. Save time and money while regaining opportunity costs
Smaller Team Sizes
Lower the friction between the Dev and Ops teams with actively integrated processes, real-time communication & feedback, and a performance-oriented culture. Use analytics tools to further refine development and operations, and drive decisions based on data
End-to-end DevOps Management
Manage processes, monitoring, toolchain pipelines, and automation. Get one-click deployments and rollbacks, configure automated alerts, centralize log management, and ensure disaster recovery
Better Technical Architecture
The basis of a competent DevOps is based on the tools used to deploy or innovate. These are tools that make automation and manage other complexities with ease. By following the correct approach, a business can make the most out of DevOps.
- Planning – This helps the team in knowing what needs to be tracked and worked upon. If it needs attention or further change, DevOps can quickly develop the code and integrate it without much delay.
- Testing – Tools like Jenkins, Circle CI, GitLab CI help in minimizing the time and effort that goes into testing the code without interrupting the user experience or quality of it.
- Monitoring and logging – Without a constant watch on the software, after its production, DevOps cannot maintain a steady level of performance. This may negatively impact the customer satisfaction.
- Tools for better delivery – Once the software is in the market, the rate of deployment and testing needs to be rapid to avoid any wrongful occurrence. Tools like Terraform, Chef, Puppet help in ensuring the consistency of development and release cycles.
Manage interactions between your cloud and on-premises environments, servers, storage, network, virtualization software and more.
Design, oversee and control your cloud operational processes.
Implement robust monitoring within event-driven management architecture.
Increase the number of successful deployments through effective release management practices.
24/7 DevOps Support
DevOps constantly needs to be updated with an improved code to keep the software running efficiently and developed to the market standards. Here are some of the effective DevOps methodologies that help in doing so.
- Scrum – It is an agile framework that not only helps in developing and delivering a software but also helps in research, sales, marketing and advanced technologies.
- Kanban – This tool can be used by teams to reduce the hassle and avoid overburdening. It is a system made for managing and scheduling product creation. It helps in delivering the best output continuously.
- Scaled Agile Framework – Commonly known as SAFE, it is a platform that guides DevOps in scaling lean and agile practices.
- Lean Software development – It is process of production which starts at the manufacturing stage and optimises the production by offering a framework that is value-driven and meant to provide great experience.
- Extreme programming (XP) – A method to develop the quality and responsiveness of software which change from consumer to consumer.
For any queries about Kilowott’s services/solutions, please complete the form below and we will get back to you soon.